Thursday, May 31, 2012

Editing and music writing

Week 4: 5/29/2012

This week was a lite week for me. Most of the work as writing the last pieces of music for the Captain Heart game. I edited some sound effects and and the voice overs too this week.

I basically edited the Captain Heart charter to give a deeper voice that we all wanted for the character, which was done with a pitch shifter plug in in Pro Tools. Then did a little EQing to the voice for balance.

The voice overs I only did one of them this week, because I wanted to spend the rest of the week writing remaining music for the game. I worked on the Narrator on editing out the breathing parts, picking out the best part, and EQing. I might work some more on this character again.

The biggest part I worked on this week was writing. I worked on some of the music with my friend Jami from College of DuPage to writing out the pieces for the Storyline, Pipe Dream mini game, and the Arteries Maze mini game. The Arteries Maze game music piece so far is a slower pace tempo, smooth, pop song. The Pipe Dream game music is a light, flowing like sound, jazz waltz. The Storyline is still a work in progress. Most likely it won't really come together until the recording session. Right now it a happier, upbeat, major chords playing simple song. The instruments that are written down may or may not be used, won't know the feel of it until the recording session.

I continue to write the remainder of the pieces through week 5 and will be in the recording session on June 3. I will be also writing music for the remainder of Rhythm Pump game for the levels, Title page, ending, and working out the parts for Storyline music until June 3.

That is it for this week until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment